Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ID this Altec please

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    1271gd13bZZZZZZZZZ89t5f3314dc3b021e

    I think it has a 414 woof...late model, and a 902 HF driver and the weird bent horn.
    Might make a cool center channel.

    Thanks,

    Ron

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Ron,

    Looks like a 9849.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I really like these, they would make for a pretty good semi-compact high end HT sound system.

    GM

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks guys.
    I shall try and obtain it!
    Ron

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    The speaker will be delivered shortly. Looks to be mint.
    Another Craigslist find. Be sure to look in the musical instruments section....Altecs seem to find their way there often.

    I'm beginning to border on Altec hoarder I think. But as has been pointed out.....from pictures I've posted, there is still room for more!

    BTW....these must be rather rare. Not a popular model.

    Ron

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ October 02, 2008 07:18 PM: Message edited by: RonSSS ]</font>

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Shhhhh, you are giving up too many secrets.

    That is where I found my large find over the summer for cheap.

    I am always on the look out for the add that was misplaced or would be over-looked.

    -chris

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.